Mark your calendars now, as the deadline for the 2021 NS&GP Photo Contest is February 15th. All entries must be submitted by 5 p.m. mountain time on that date. The top finishers in each category will receive a prize and be featured on promotion items for the NS&GP.
This time, we would like to invite any member of the NS&GP with sheep, goats, protection animals (llamas, donkeys, etc.) to submit photos in that category, as well.”
Photographers are advised to submit photographs in the largest file size possible. We encourage entrants to provide both horizontal and vertical photos. The four categories in this year’s contest are:
- Action – Photographs of activities such as moving/trailing sheep and/or goats, lambing, tagging, feeding, shearing, etc.
- Scenic – Photographs of sheep and/or goats outdoors located . Photos entered in this category cannot include people.
- Working Dogs and Protection Animals – Photographs in this category should show herding dogs, livestock guardian dogs or any other livestock protection animal in their natural environments. Photos must also include sheep and/or goats in some fashion, as proof that these truly are working animals.
- Open – Photographs with subject matter that does not fall into the four above-listed categories.
Other contest rules:
- Must be a member of the Nebraska Sheep and Goat Producers Association.
- NS&GP can use or reproduce all entries at the discretion of NS&GP. In addition, entries will not be returned.
- NS&GP is not required to notify photographers when photos are used in materials.
- Photographs can be submitted via hard copy or electronically.
- All entries must be at least 3 inches by 5 inches, color or black-and-white, high-resolution photos (larger sizes encouraged).
- Entries must be submitted in the name of the person who took the photograph.
- Entries are limited to two per category per person.
- The following needs to be included with each submission: title of photo; category (from the five listed above) into which it is being entered; photographer’s name; mailing address; phone number; email address; and approximate location/date of photo.
- If there is a particular story or background that goes with the photo, please include that, as well, with the entry.
Entries should be emailed to Melissa Nicholson at email@example.com with the subject line of NS&GP Photo Contest. Those mailing photos should send them to NS&GP; P.O. Box 1066; Chadron, NE 69337.