Article I – Order of Business
The order of business shall be as follows:
- Call to order
- Roll call for quorum
- Reading of minutes of previous meetings not yet approved
- Report of officers
- Reports of standing committees
- Reports of special committees
- Unfinished business
- New business
Article II – Duties of Officers
Duties of officers shall be as prescribed by Roberts Rules of Order, or as specified in the Articles and By-Laws of this association.
Article III – Board of Directors
- The board of directors, as elected by the active members, shall constitute the governing body of the Nebraska Sheep and Goat Producers Association. It shall have full power to transact business, elect officers, and act in other ways for the best interests of the organization.
- The meeting of the board of directors shall be held before the adjournment of the annual meeting for transacting urgent business that should be reported to members before the close of the meeting.
- The board of directors shall designate the deposition of funds for this association.
- A majority of the members of the board of directors shall constitute a quorum.
- All meetings of the board of directors shall be called by the president or by a written notice signed by two members of the executive committee, or by a majority of the board members.
Article IV – Executive Committee
- The executive committee shall consist of the president, vice-president and secretary and/or treasurer.
- The executive committee will be responsible for looking after important business matters when the board of directors is not in session.
- The executive committee shall transact only that business which requires immediate attention and cannot be held for action by the board of directors. In event of necessity to make a decision of great importance, which cannot wait until a board meeting can be called, the executive committee would contact board members by telephone or wire for their opinions.
Article V – Meetings
The annual or special meetings of the members of this association may be held at any time or place at the discretion of the board of directors.
Article VI – Amendments
Amendments to the By-Laws may be made at any meeting of the board of directors as long as these amendments do not conflict with the articles of the association.
Article VII – Incorporators
The following named individuals are the persons taking part in the incorporation of this association and also are the directors.
- Bob Ahlschwede – Crete, Nebraska
- Bob Aue – Potter, Nebraska
- Dean Benker – Potter, Nebraska
- Harlan Brown – Mitchell, Nebraska
- Jim Gocke – Waco, Nebraska
- Steve Gramlich – Carroll, Nebraska
- Harry Hart – Cozad, Nebraska
- Bruce Robinson – Bennet, Nebraska
- Charles Westing – Prosser, Nebraska
- Ralph Whitwer – Petersburg, Nebraska
- Joe Steffen – Humboldt, Nebraska
(Followed by notaries of each person’s signatures)